CONCEPT OF INSTITUTE FOR EUROPEAN AND GLOBALIZATION STUDIES- SPLIT(I.E.G.S.)
Institute for European and globalization studies was established 03/20/2013. in Zagreb as civil society association with conception of think tank organizations. Objectives of the organization are highlighted on http://www.inegs.com/en/category/about/8. Meanwhile, the Institute was transformed from an association of civil society in the private Institute by the decision of the Commercial Court in Split from May 6, 2016. The Institute for European and globalization studies has become privately owned and is registered at Commercial Court as I.E.G.S. The founding documentation can be seen in the attachment. Web address of Institute is www.inegs.com
2. About the founder
Founder is prof.dr.sc. Anđelko Milardović, professor of political science and sociology. More about founder can be seen at: www.andjelkomilardovic.com , www.imin.com . ,
He is expert in the field of theory globalization and European studies. He gained interest in theory of globalization in 1999. He has authored multiple books on that topic, as well as on European studies and migration. The last was written in association with other authors, titled Globalization of Culture (Library of Political Science. More info: http://www.inegs.com/en/article/121/v_jerbi%C4%87_a_milardovi%C4%87_and_h_%C5%A1peharglobalization_of_culture_european_and_global_networks).
Mob: 098 830 122
3. Technical details
The Institute for European and globalization studies has been moved on 23 July 2016 from Zagreb to Split. New headquarters of the Institute in Split are at Vesanovica 11. (https://email@example.com,16.4427874,17z ). New location is only ten minutes from the Diocletian's palace and city center. The headquarters is owned privately. Government does not participate in this project.
4. Why is it important that the seat of the Institute for European and globalization studies in Split?
The Institute is focused on Europe and globalization studies. In the context of Greek and Roman heritage Europe’s birthplace is in the Mediterranean. That was also noted by French historian and analyst Fernand Braudel.
All major civilizations of this part of the world, were born on Mediterranean which is these days the arena of war (Middle East). That was noted by G.F.Hegel in his book Philosophy of history and previously by G.B.Vico in his book Principles of new science. Globalization was born in the Mediterranean. First to globalize was a Greek ruler Alexander the Macedonian, a disciple of Aristotle.
Split is a Mediterranean city, whose protector is St. Duje from Syria and where Roman emperor Diocletian has left his footprint in the form of palace. The church tower of St.Domnius cathedral and Diocletian’s palace are still testifying about those historical figures and their connection with Split. Socio-cultural heritage of Greco-Romans fits into the social philosophy of the Institute for European and globalization studies.
5. Business activities of I.E.G.S.
Enclosed are Certified translation from the Croatian language https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxrvZ0MXEFw5MV85OVkzX0hURVE/view
6. General institutional design of the Institute for European and globalization studies.I.E.G.S. -Split
More about it at: http://www.inegs.com/en/article/109/institutional_design
Associates that we cooperate with are outsourced, more about them:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxrvZ0MXEFw5VnpUeDM0ci1TYkk/view?usp=sharing
7. Institutional design complies with the social philosophy of the 21st century postmodern societies.
The main markers
- Glocalization (spread: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glocalization)
- Knowledge, information
- Knowledge economy
- Intellectual capital (more: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellectual_capital)
- Information society (spread: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_society)
- ICT (spread: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICT)
- Deterritorialization (spread: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deterritorialization)
- Network society (spread: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_society)
- Scope of action: research projects; policy projects
- Associates: Outsourcing. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outsourcing , according to the criteria of scientific and professional competence
8.Our expertise (scientific dimension)
- Globalization and its various dimensions (economic, technological, information)
- Migrations towards Europe (migration, globalization, change of European identity, foreigners)
- Refugee crisis and EU and its effects on the Nordic countries
- The causes and roots of the refugee crisis in the context of new geopolitical picture of the world and collision of civilizations
- Religious political fragmentation in the Middle East affecting the refugee crisis
- The transformation of Europe's identity under the influence of the refugee crisis and foreigners in Europe
- The attitude towards foreigners in the EU
- Foreigners as friends and enemies
- Right radical political parties and xenophobia in Europe and the European Union
8. What do we want from institutions, companies, scientific institutes and universities in the EU and world? With whom we want to collaborate?
- We want business cooperation with institutions which are willing to make business in the Republic of Croatia. We especially highlight consulting and lobbying!
- We want mutual scientific projects with scientific institutes and universities in the EU and world, base don profitable business, from Article 8 of this document (Topics of IEGS Split). We want mutual scientific conferences that would be held in Split.
9. Function of Institute for European and globalization studies
Activities of Organization are as follows: research in field of European studies, studying of European culture, politics, history and economy, research of different dimensions of globalization, whit special attention on Europe and role of Europe in globalization, research of contemporary democracy and post-democracy, new geopolitical directions in age of globalization, Croatia in EU, Western Balkans and EU.
The organization of international scientific conferences
Organization of summer schools, from the scope of the Institute’s expertise
10. Start of the Institute’s activities as a privately owned organization
Institute will commence with activities in its new form on 1.9.2016.
Company's ID/OIB: 41187866411
Bank name: Privredna banka Zagreb
IBAN: HR96 2340 0091 1108 72959
SWIFT CODE: PBZGHR2X
In Split, 31 July 2016